The Wardlaw Story: Helping Policyholders for Nearly 50 Years!
“Helping others is by far the most rewarding aspect of claims handling.”
After many successful years in the construction industry, helping homeowners achieve their dreams, Pat N. Wardlaw recognized how insurance adjusting fulfilled his desire to help people and decided to apply his construction knowledge and customer service ethic to the field of catastrophe claims adjusting. Starting out as a one-man operation in 1965, Wardlaw Claims Service quickly grew into a small team of experienced and customer service dedicated adjusters.
Pat retired in 1993, and kept the business in the family by selling it to Mike N. Wardlaw, William F. Wardlaw, and Rebecca Wardlaw Meadows, who now own and operate the company, supported by hand-picked professionals who share their company vision of delivering exceptional customer service to policyholders in their time of need.
Now a nationwide claims management company with thousands of adjusters on the roster, Wardlaw Claims Service handles Daily and Catastrophe (CAT) Residential and Commercial Property Losses as well as auto losses.
By tailoring services to specific client needs and providing skilled, professional, quality-minded independent adjusters who engage with policyholders and deliver customer satisfaction, Wardlaw has positioned itself as one of the top rated claims-handling companies in the industry.
Throughout its history, Wardlaw has pioneered new ways to serve carriers and adjusters with policyholder satisfaction at its core.
- In 1994, Wardlaw Claims Service formed a subsidiary company, Custom Data Systems that exemplifies The Wardlaw Way of using technology to serve our customers with integrity, accuracy and excellence. Comprised of gifted information technology experts, this group keeps Wardlaw Claims Service looking ahead of the “technology curve” in independent adjusting.
- In 2001, the Wardlaw Claims Service Management Team was formed to provide a hands-on, on-site management presence to assist the rapidly expanding Wardlaw adjusting team. This dedicated team is comprised of a group of exceptionally experienced EGA adjusters with over 250 years of combined experience. The Management Team is key to Wardlaw Claims Service’s outstanding performance and commitment to excellence.
- In 2004, Wardlaw recognized the need for structured, formalized training programs for their adjusters, and established the Wardlaw Claims Training Center. The Center curriculum ensures that both entry-level students and seasoned adjusters are on track to become what Wardlaw calls a Total Adjuster. By offering the latest continuing education courses and hands-on experience from trainers with the most extensive insurance knowledge in the industry, the Center gives adjusters the skills to deliver the highest quality service.
- In 2008, Wardlaw opened its 43,000 square foot, state-of-the-art training center and office complex in Waco, TX. It has become the premier claims-adjusting training center in the US, housing the Claims Help Network™ and Technology Center, and featuring a 1,200 square foot, mock-up home inside the property lab. Here adjusters can learn to scope, no matter the weather!
- In 2011, to maximize efficiency and increase our management to adjuster ratio, Wardlaw underwent a major shift: doubling the size of the Management Team and implementing stringent QA processes. In addition, our internal and external communications and sales plan was broadened to better serve carriers and adjusters.
Wardlaw continues to be ahead of trends and technologies with new products and services added every year.
To learn more about us check out our introduction video: Wardlaw Claims Service Introduction